Project Funding Request Process
The Sanford Schools Legacy Foundation regularly receives and considers requests to fund projects which are pursuant to our mission to "enhance the experience of students in Sanford’s Schools and Regional Technical Center." The Board of Directors has adopted the following process to request project funding.
SANFORD SCHOOLS LEGACY FOUNDATION
PROCEDURE FOR REQUEST OF SUPPORT
1. All requests must be submitted on the appropriate form. (CLICK HERE to download the form in PDF format.)
2. All forms must be complete and have supporting documentation from the vendor from which the item/service will be purchased. Incomplete forms will be returned.
3. All shipping, handling, and installation costs must be included on the form.
4. All complete requests will be reviewed on a quarterly basis, as follows:
Requests received between Nov. 16 and Feb. 15 will be reviewed at the March Board of Directors meeting.
Requests received between Feb. 16 and May 15 will be reviewed at the June Board of Directors meeting.
Requests received between May 16 and Aug. 15 will be reviewed at the September Board of Directors meeting.
Requests received between Aug. 16 and Nov. 15 will be reviewed at the December Board of Directors meeting.
5. Requests may require the attendance of the requestor (or designee) at the corresponding Board of Directors meeting.
6. If approved, a purchase order shall be supplied to the vendor for the items and amounts approved.
7. Payment will only be made upon presentation of an invoice and satisfactory receipt of the items ordered, including the shipping manifest.
8. Cost incurred in excess of the amount approved by the Board shall be the requestor's responsibility.
9. Requests denied by the Board may be submitted at a later date if any conditions imposed by the Board at met; e.g. time, more information, receipt of funds aligned to request.
10. Remit all materials to the School Department Business Administrator, preferably by email.
11. Approvals or Denials will be communicated to the Requestor following the Board meeting at which it is reviewed.